Expressions of Interest (EOI):
New JSFD Video Editor position
The Journal of Sport for Development (JSFD) is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal. JSFD’s mission is to advance, examine, and disseminate evidence and best practices for programs and interventions that use sport to promote development, health, and/or peace.
JSFD seeks original submissions from researchers, implementers, policy makers, funders, and other stakeholders in sport for development. This includes experts and young researchers in public health, education, gender equity, disability, youth development, economics, and conflict. All JSFD articles and volumes are made freely available online to the public.
The JSFD editorial board is seeking expressions of interest for a new video editor to commence in September 2020. We welcome applications from all interested and suitably qualified parties.
JSFD is looking to incorporate multimedia content, including video and audio interviews, vignettes, and other content, into JSFD channels. The video editor is responsible for preparing video/podcast announcements, abstracts, interviews, and content for publication on the JSFD website.
This is a newly created position. JSFD anticipates the video editor’s responsibilities will include:
- Brainstorming, curating, and producing video content for JSFD
- Production of video abstracts and author interviews
- Creative use of content/footage to optimize videos across relevant channels (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Support implementation of JSFD’s communications strategy and objectives
Required skills and experience
- Experience video editing (storyboarding or producing video content is a bonus)
- Good attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and the motivation of a self-starter
- Comfort working within a remote, internationally based team
- Excellent time management skills
- An interest and passion in sport and sport for development
As with all positions at JSFD, the video editor is a volunteer role. The time commitment for this role is expected to be approximately two to six hours per month. This position will work closely with the Journal’s editors, communications editor, and managing editor.
Expressions of interest should include:
- A brief cover letter (one-page maximum) indicating:
- The skills and experience that the candidate will bring to the role
- The motivations for joining the JSFD editorial team
- A brief CV (one-page maximum)
Expressions of interest by email to:
Erika Mueller, JSFD Managing Editor, email@example.com
Deadline for EOI submissions: 30 July 2020