To submit a manuscript for publication in JSFD, please use our online manuscript submission form.
Submission is a representation that the manuscript has not been published previously and is not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Manuscripts should be prepared and submitted in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx). They should be double-spaced on A4 paper using standard margins on all sides.
- Manuscripts should be less than 8,000 words in length. Manuscripts over this limit may be rejected without full review.
- Please include a cover page with the manuscript’s (a) Title, (b) Abstract, (c) Keywords and (d) Word Count. Do NOT include the authors names in the manuscript document, only in the online submission form.
- JSFD uses Vancouver style as outlined in the American Medical Association Manual of style: A Guide for Authors and Editors, 10th Edition. Authors are strongly encouraged to use EndNote or another referencing software in order to ensure clean, accurate references.
- Manuscripts should be written in UK English (programme instead of program, behaviour instead of behavior)
- Abstracts should preferably be no longer than 200 words.
- A list of up to 5 key words should be provided. Key words should describe of the manuscript, as they will be used for indexing.
- Sections should be clearly labeled with appropriate headings (e.g. Background, Methods, Results, Discussion). Please feel free to use our Research Paper Template.
- Up to 4 tables/figures/illustrations may be included with the manuscript.
- Tables/figures/illustrations should NOT be included in the main document, but rather should be referenced in the appropriate place stating, for example, “INSERT TABLE 1 HERE.”
- JSFD does not have a limit on number of co-authors. However, if the list is deemed to be excessive, the editor may request justifications and reductions. Each author must have made a significant contribution to the manuscript.
- Submit here