Publication of Volume 5, Issue 9
The Journal of Sport for Development (JSFD) is pleased to announce the publication of its ninth issue.
Click here to download the full issue (PDF, 1.6 MB)
JSFD’s mission is to advance, examine and disseminate evidence and best practices for programs and interventions that use sport to promote development, health and/or peace. JSFD is the first peer-reviewed, open-access journal devoted to exclusively publishing research from the field of Sport for Development.
Issue 9 Articles
- Rochelle R. Stewart-Withers, Koli Sewabu, Sam Richardson. Rugby union driven migration as a means for sustainable livelihoods creation: A case study of iTaukei, indigenous Fijians.
- Meredith A. Whitley, William V. Massey, Kelly Farrell. A programme evaluation of ‘Exploring Our Strengths and Our Future’: Making sport relevant to the educational, social, and emotional needs of youth.
- Per G. Svensson, Hilary Woods. A systematic overview of sport for development and peace organisations.
- Katherine L. Meyer, Kathleen M. Roche. Sports-for-development gender equality impacts from basketball programme: Shifts in attitudes and stereotyping in Senegalese youth and coaches.
- Oscar Mwaanga, Kola Adeosun. Decolonisation in practice: A case study of the Kicking AIDS Out programme in Jamaica.
Thanks to the authors and reviewers who contributed to this issue.