The Journal of Sport for Development (JSFD) is seeking proposals for a special issue on sport and livelihoods. Sport for development organizations are increasingly delivering programming to improve the livelihoods of disadvantaged populations by increasing employment opportunities or economic development. For example, Svensson and Woods (2017) recently found livelihood to be the second most common thematic area of focus among grassroots sport for development organizations. To date, however, few studies exist in this area (cf. Schulenkorf, Sherry, & Rowe, 2016). This special issue will help to fill this gap in the literature by highlighting what is already known and presenting new research and commentary on sport and livelihoods.
Proposals should include the following:
- Name and contact information of guest editor(s)
- Synopsis: Provide a description of your vision for the special issue;
- Rationale: Provide justification for the anticipated contribution of the special issue, including its originality and timeliness;
- Expected Submissions: Identify authors who might be expected to contribute manuscripts to the special issue and comment on your degree of confidence, after soliciting potential authors, that the issue will include at least five manuscripts;
- Communication Strategy: Outline how you will promote the special issue to both solicit submissions and create awareness of its published manuscripts, in line with your proposed vision for the issue;
- Qualifications: Provide a brief biography of the guest editor(s), explaining why you are well-positioned to lead this Special Issue; comment on any previous experience as editor(s) or co-editor(s).
Proposals should be a maximum of 2 pages, followed by an up-to-date 2-page curriculum vitae for each guest editor. Download the call for proposals as a PDF here.
Submission by email to: JSFD Managing Editor, email@example.com
Deadline for proposal submissions: 17 February, 2019