Publication of Volume 5, Issue 8
The Journal of Sport for Development (JSFD) is pleased to announce the publication of its eighth issue.
JSFD’s mission is to advance, examine and disseminate evidence and best practices for programs and interventions that use sport to promote development, health and/or peace. JSFD is the first peer-reviewed, open-access journal devoted to exclusively publishing research from the field of Sport for Development.
Issue 8, Articles
- Kwauk, T. Book Review: Beyond sport for development and peace: Transnational perspectives on theory, policy and practice
- Devine, A., Carrol, A., Naivalu, S., Seru, S., Baker, S., Bayak-Bush, B., James, K., Larcombe, L., Brown, T., Marella, M. “They don’t see my disability anymore”: The outcomes of sport for development programmes in the lives of people in the Pacific
- Meir, D.“Leadership and empowerment through sport”: The intentions, hopes, ambitions and reality of creating a sport-for-development organisation in Cape Town
- Gardam, K., Giles, A.R., Hayhurst, L.M.C. Sport for development for Aboriginal youth in Canada: A scoping review.
- Warner, S., Sparvero, E., Shapiro, S., Anderson, A. Yielding healthy community with sport?
Thanks to the authors and reviewers who contributed to this issue.