Publication of Volume 3, Issue 5
The Journal of Sport for Development (JSFD) is pleased to announce the publication of its fifth Issue, a Special Issue entitled Disability Sport: Changing Lives, Changing Perceptions. Guest editors include: Dr. Ian Brittain and Eli A. Wolff.
JSFD’s mission is to examine, advance and disseminate evidence, best practices, and lessons learned from Sport for Development programmes and interventions. JSFD is the first peer-reviewed, open-access journal devoted to exclusively publishing research from the field of Sport for Development.
Issue 5 Articles
- Brittain and Wolff. Disability Sport: Changing Lives, Changing Perceptions (Editorial).
- Lopes. Adapted Surfing as a Tool to Promote Inclusion and Rising Disability Awareness in Portugal.
- Cottingham, Blais, Gearity, Bogle, Zapalac. A Qualitative Examination of Latin American Wheelchair Sport Practitioners’ Marketing Practices.
- Inoue and Forneris. The role of Special Olympics in promoting social inclusion: An examination of stakeholder perceptions.
- Forber-Pratt. Paralympic Sport as a Vehicle for Social Change in Bermuda and Ghana.
- Mataruna, Range, Guimaraes, Melo. Rio 2016 and disability – an analysis on the Sport-For-Development discourse and the legacies for disabled people.
- Smith, Wedgwood, Llewellyn, Shuttleworth. Sport in the Lives of Young People with Intellectual Disabilities: Negotiating Disability, Identity and Belonging.
- Beacom, Golder. Developing Disability Sport: The case for a critical pedagogy.
Thank you to the Special Issue guest editors, authors and reviewers who contributed to this issue.