Publication of Volume 2, Issue 3
The Journal of Sport for Development (JSFD) is pleased to announce the publication of its third issue.
JSFD’s mission is to advance, examine and disseminate evidence and best practices for programs and interventions that use sport to promote development, health and/or peace. JSFD is the first peer-reviewed, open-access journal devoted to exclusively publishing research from the field of Sport for Development.
Issue 3 Articles
- Siefken, Schofield, and Malcata. Engaging urban Pacific women in healthy lifestyle behaviour. An outcome evaluation of a workplace-based physical activity intervention in Vanuatu.
- Romeo-Velilla, Beynon, Murphy, Mcgee, Hilland, Parnell, Stratton, and Foweather Formative evaluation of a UK community-based sports intervention to prevent smoking among children and young people: SmokeFree Sports.
- Mayrand. Possibilities and Dangers at the Nexus of Sport and Development Discourses: An Analysis of Racialized and De-historicized Spaces.
- Simard, Laberge, and Dusseault. Empowerment revisited: How social work integrated into a sports programme can make a difference.
- Gannett, Kaufman, Clark, and Mcgarvey. Football with three ‘halves’: A qualitative exploratory study of the football3 model at the Football for Hope Festival 2010.