Publication of Volume 1, Issue 2
The Journal of Sport for Development (JSFD) is pleased to announce the publication of its fourth issue.
JSFD’s mission is to advance, examine and disseminate evidence and best practices for programs and interventions that use sport to promote development, health and/or peace. JSFD is the first peer-reviewed, open-access journal devoted to exclusively publishing research from the field of Sport for Development.
Issue 2 Articles
- Lemke, W. Foreword: Message of support for the Journal of Sport for Development.
- LeCrom C and Dwyer B. Plus-sport: The impact of a cross-cultural soccer coaching exchange.
- Sherry E and O’May F. Exploring the impact of sport participation in the Homeless World Cup on individuals with substance abuse or mental health disorders.
- Ekholm D. Sport and crime prevention: Individuality and transferability in research.
- Coleby J and Giles AR. Discourses at Work in Media Reports on Right To Play’s “Promoting Life-Skills in Aboriginal Youth” Program.
- Whitley M, Wright EM, Gould D. Coaches’ Perspectives on Sport-Plus Programmes for Underserved Youth: An Exploratory Study in South Africa.
Thank you to the authors and reviewers who contributed to this issue.