Publication of Volume 1, Issue 2
The Journal of Sport for Development (JSFD) is pleased to announce the publication of its fourth issue.
Click here to download a full PDF of Issue 2
JSFD’s mission is to advance, examine and disseminate evidence and best practices for programs and interventions that use sport to promote development, health and/or peace. JSFD is the first peer-reviewed, open-access journal devoted to exclusively publishing research from the field of Sport for Development.
Issue 2 Articles
- Lemke, W. Foreword: Message of support for the Journal of Sport for Development.
- LeCrom C and Dwyer B. Plus-sport: The impact of a cross-cultural soccer coaching exchange.
- Sherry E and O’May F. Exploring the impact of sport participation in the Homeless World Cup on individuals with substance abuse or mental health disorders.
- Ekholm D. Sport and crime prevention: Individuality and transferability in research.
- Coleby J and Giles AR. Discourses at Work in Media Reports on Right To Play’s “Promoting Life-Skills in Aboriginal Youth” Program.
- Whitley M, Wright EM, Gould D. Coaches’ Perspectives on Sport-Plus Programmes for Underserved Youth: An Exploratory Study in South Africa.
Thank you to the authors and reviewers who contributed to this issue.