Publication of Volume 1, Issue 1
The Journal of Sport for Development (JSFD) is pleased to announce the publication of its first Issue. JSFD is the first peer-reviewed, open-access journal devoted to exclusively publishing research from the field of Sport for Development (SFD). The journal was developed in response to a need to establish a more robust evidence base for the SFD sector, which is generating growing interest worldwide.
JSFD’s mission is to advance, examine and disseminate evidence and best practices for programs and interventions that use sport to promote development, health and/or peace. JSFD is the first peer-reviewed, open-access journal devoted to exclusively publishing research from the field of Sport for Development.
Issue 1 Articles
- Richards J, et al. Advancing the evidence base of Sport for Development: a new open-access, peer-reviewed journal.
- Burnett C. GIZ/YDF and youth as drivers of Sport for Development in the African context.
- Hancock M, Lyras A, Ha JP. Sport for Development programmes for girls and women: A global assessment.
- Schulenkorf N. Sport for Development events and social capital building: a critical analysis of experiences from Sri Lanka.
- Wagnsson S, Augustsson C, Patriksson, G. Associations between sport involvement and youth psychosocial development in Sweden: a longitudinal study.
- Rock K, Valle C, Grabman G. Physical inactivity among adolescents in Managua, Nicaragua: a cross-sectional study and legal analysis.
Thank you to the authors and reviewers who contributed to this issue.