Publication of Issue 4
The Journal of Sport for Development (JSFD) is pleased to announce the publication of its fourth Issue. JSFD is the first peer-reviewed, open-access journal devoted to exclusively publishing research from the field of Sport for Development (SFD).
JSFD’s mission is to examine, advance and disseminate evidence, best practices, and lessons learned from SFD programmes and interventions.
- Blom, Gerstein, Stedman, Judge, Sink, and Pierce. Soccer for Peace: Evaluation of In-Country Workshops with Jordanian Coaches.
- Crawley. Book review – Global Sport-for-Development: Critical Perspectives.
- Welty Peachy and Cohen. Reflections from scholars on barriers and strategies in sport-for-development research.
- Bean, Forneris, and Fortier. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun: Understanding Perceptions of Effective Strategies and Outcomes in a Female Youth-Driven Physical Activity-Based Life Skills Programme.
- Hanrahan and Lourdes Francke Ramm. Improving Life Satisfaction, Self-Concept, and Happiness of Former Gang Members Using Games and Psychological Skills Training.
JSFD is an open-access journal; all articles are freely available to the public. Please circulate this among your colleagues within the sector and beyond.
We continue to accept rolling submissions for upcoming issues of JSFD. We especially welcome intervention evaluations. Please read the Instructions for Authors if you are interested in submitting to JSFD.