Publication of Issue 3
The Journal of Sport for Development (JSFD) is pleased to announce the publication of its third Issue. JSFD is the first peer-reviewed, open-access journal devoted to exclusively publishing research from the field of Sport for Development (SFD).
JSFD’s mission is to examine, advance and disseminate evidence, best practices, and lessons learned from SFD programmes and interventions.
Contents of JSFD Volume 2, Issue 3 include:
- Siefken, Schofield, and Malcata. Engaging urban Pacific women in healthy lifestyle behaviour. An outcome evaluation of a workplace-based physical activity intervention in Vanuatu.
- Romeo-Velilla, Beynon, Murphy, Mcgee, Hilland, Parnell, Stratton, and Foweather Formative evaluation of a UK community-based sports intervention to prevent smoking among children and young people: SmokeFree Sports.
- Mayrand. Possibilities and Dangers at the Nexus of Sport and Development Discourses: An Analysis of Racialized and De-historicized Spaces.
- Simard, Laberge, and Dusseault. Empowerment revisited: How social work integrated into a sports programme can make a difference.
- Gannett, Kaufman, Clark, and Mcgarvey. Football with three ‘halves’: A qualitative exploratory study of the football3 model at the Football for Hope Festival 2010.
JSFD is an open-access journal; all articles are freely available to the public.
Please circulate this among your colleagues within the sector and beyond.
We continue to accept rolling submissions for upcoming issues of JSFD, and are continuing to accept submissions for our Special Issue on Disability Sport. We especially welcome intervention evaluations. Please read the Instructions for Authors if you are interested in submitting to JSFD.