The Journal of Sport for Development (JSFD) is pleased to announce the publication of its second Issue. JSFD is the first peer-reviewed, open-access journal devoted to exclusively publishing research from the field of Sport for Development (SFD).
JSFD’s mission is to examine, advance and disseminate evidence, best practices, and lessons learned from SFD programmes and interventions.
Contents of JSFD Volume 1, Issue 2 include:
- Lemke, W. Foreword: Message of support for the Journal of Sport for Development.
- LeCrom C and Dwyer B. Plus-sport: The impact of a cross-cultural soccer coaching exchange.
- Sherry E and O’May F. Exploring the impact of sport participation in the Homeless World Cup on individuals with substance abuse or mental health disorders.
- Ekholm D. Sport and crime prevention: Individuality and transferability in research.
- Coleby J and Giles AR. Discourses at Work in Media Reports on Right To Play’s “Promoting Life-Skills in Aboriginal Youth” Program.
- Whitley M, Wright EM, Gould D. Coaches’ Perspectives on Sport-Plus Programmes for Underserved Youth: An Exploratory Study in South Africa.
JSFD is an open-access journal; all articles are freely available to the public.
Please circulate this among your colleagues within the sector and beyond.
NOTE: We continue to accept rolling submissions for upcoming issues of JSFD. We especially welcome intervention evaluations. Please read the Instructions for Authors if you are interested in submitting to JSFD.