The Journal of Sport for Development (JSFD) is pleased to announce the publication of its first Issue. JSFD is the first peer-reviewed, open-access journal devoted to exclusively publishing research from the field of Sport for Development (SFD). The journal was developed in response to a need to establish a more robust evidence base for the SFD sector, which is generating growing interest worldwide .
JSFD’s mission is to examine, advance and disseminate evidence, best practices, and lessons learned from SFD programmes and interventions.
Contents of JSFD Issue 1 include:
- Richards J, et al. Advancing the evidence base of Sport for Development: a new open-access, peer-reviewed journal.
- Burnett C. GIZ/YDF and youth as drivers of Sport for Development in the African context.
- Hancock M, Lyras A, Ha JP. Sport for Development programmes for girls and women: A global assessment.
- Schulenkorf N. Sport for Development events and social capital building: a critical analysis of experiences from Sri Lanka.
- Wagnsson S, Augustsson C, Patriksson, G. Associations between sport involvement and youth psychosocial development in Sweden: a longitudinal study.
- Rock K, Valle C, Grabman G. Physical inactivity among adolescents in Managua, Nicaragua: a cross-sectional study and legal analysis.
JSFD is an open-access journal; all articles are freely available to the public.
Please circulate this among your colleagues within the SFD sector and beyond.
NOTE: We are taking rolling submissions for the second issue of JSFD, which we aim to release in September 2013.